Namaste

Welcome to my blog, with news of my wellbeing practice in Suffolk. Also my exercise classes and cooking workshops, some views on events and happenings locally and abroad....and more.....
To receive email updates directly into your Inbox, insert your email address in box on the right.

Trish Dent


Wednesday 1 April 2020

Surviving Lockdown

All seems fine for the first week, then life in lockdown becomes tedious, jokey emails and posts lose their humour, as we settle into a new reality.
I've enjoyed a colourful past, including weeks at sea in small (45ft, 62 ft and 95 ft) sailing boats with other crew members that I didn't know before embarking. I've also spent some weeks shut up in a foreign jail, but that is another tale.... Suffice to say that these experiences have set me in good stead for surviving in confined spaces.
So here are a few recommendations:

  • Maintain your usual getting up and going to bed routines and resist the temptation to watch another episode of the box set beyond your usual bedtime.
  • Give your day structure, including disciplines (exercising, meditation, learning, housework, spring cleaning etc) and rewards.
  • Open windows and let the fresh air in.
  • Exercise well every day, including walking. This will aid your sleep and keep you physically and mentally fit.
  • Create a new goal, learn a new skill or take up a hobby (at sea we shared a common goal of arriving where we were headed). Write your goal(s) down in your diary or a notebook and review regularly.
  • Find something positive in every day. Make a note in  your diary.
  • Keep a note of your online meetings on your calendar or in your diary and check it daily.
  • Share kindness daily.
  • Find time in your new busyness to wind down, meditate and simply breathe and be in the present.  
  • BE aware that this time can be a unique gift.
I'm offering 1-2-1 Self-Shiatsu Supervision online (Skype) and also Remote Shiatsu healing (by phone). I won't be charging formally for these sessions, but asking for donations.  I'll be posting more details in a few days. If you'd like to book an online/phone appointment, please pop me an email.