Wild about Fermentation
Saturday 15th September 2018
10 am to 1 pm
Venue: Spexhall Village Hall, Church Lane, Halesworth IP19 0RQ (the village hall is almost directly opposite the church)
The value of fermented foods to our health is now been discussed in mainstream news. Fermented foods are rich in bacteria that benefit our guts and our health. They are often rich in enzymes and vitamins too. In this workshop:
- I’ll share the benefits of culturing and consuming good bacteria, including recent research
- You get to taste a range of fermented foods and drinks
- The do’s and don’ts of making ferments safely
- You’ll make your vegetable ferment to take home
- Natural prebiotic foods
I’ll also show you how to make wonderful healing drinks: beetroot kvass, packed with vitamins and beneficial bacteria; and kefir, made from local raw milk or coconut milk. Full notes are provided.
This is a hands-on workshop.
Cost is £48. Full payment secures your place.To register, contact Trish on 01986 780939 or email email@example.com
Heal your Gut Workshop
The immune system re-boot
Saturday 20th October 2018
10am to 3pm
Venue: Trish’s Kitchen, Spexhall
Do you suffer from bloating, IBS, inflammatory-related diseases or other persistent health issues, including weight problems? Antibiotics (both in ourselves and many animal products), some medications and other chemicals added to our food destroy the beneficial bacteria in our gut and allow the “bad guys” to dominate, resulting in compromised gut health, which may also lead to other health problems.
During this workshop:
· I present a four-step regime to get your health back on track;
- We explore these steps in depth;
- I demonstrate tasty dairy- and wheat-free meals and snacks, night-shade free and more.
- We share a healthy gut-healing lunch that we prepare together
- We discuss strategies to promote your beneficial bacteria.
- We look at mutual support with moving forward.
A comprehensive handout of the day, including details of the four steps, recipes, tips and other notes, will be provided to all participants.
Discover the road to better health.
About this Workshop
This is a hands-on cooking workshop. I discuss and demonstrate what and why in relation to the workshop and demonstrate some foundation recipes. We then cook lunch together. There is plenty of time to discuss and ask questions about the content of the workshop. Recipes and supporting information will be provided on the day.
We prepare a variety of dishes using organic and locally sourced foods as much as possible; some produce comes from my garden. We then eat lunch and discuss topics relevant to the day. Meals are generally free from animal products.
This Workshop is limited to 6 participants.
Venue is in Spexhall, a peaceful rural location three miles from Halesworth in Suffolk.
Cost is £95. A deposit of £30 is required on booking
To register, contact Trish on 01986 780939 or email firstname.lastname@example.org