Namaste

Welcome to my blog, with news of my wellbeing practice in Suffolk. Also my exercise classes and cooking workshops, some views on events and happenings locally and abroad....and more.....
To receive email updates directly into your Inbox, insert your email address in box on the right.

Trish Dent


Friday 18 January 2019

Good so far?

Have you joined my sugar-free (and alcohol-free) month challenge? If you have, let me know how you're getting on; pop me an email. Other than really wanting an alcoholic drink last weekend (reward for hard work?) I've been fine. My weakness is dried fruit, which I love, but generally don't have too much of and I've cut that out this month also. I've had maximum 1 apple a day and a few blueberries.  My taste buds have adjusted accordingly and even this week's dahl tasted sweet, probably because I cooked a few diced carrots into it.
If you're struggling with sugar cravings, try this classic sweet vegetable drink.  I've found the cooking water from swede to be amazingly sweet also, and delicious!  I never throw veggie cooking water away, but use it as stock.

Sweet Vegetable Drink

Try this drink to help overcome the cravings and give natural, gentle sweetness that will support stomach and spleen energies.

Roughly chop:
Onion
Carrots
Pumpkin or swede or other root veggies
White cabbage or some greens

Put in a pot with 3-4 times the volume of water. Simmer for 40 minutes
Discard vegetables, keep the liquid (will keep in fridge for 3 days)
Drink 1 cup 3 times a day for 1 week
Drink 1 cup every day for next month